I guess I’ll try to post the name-drops (for Dancing With the Stars Spring season 2009) as they’re announced. I think. Unless I get tired. Or need to get a cupcake. I should probably do that now…
Anyway, they’ve so far announced that new stars will include a famous male reality TV show star (who won’t be famous to me since I never watch reality TV), a football star, some kind of celebrity gossip show host, and someone else who I’ve already forgotten… When are they supposed to start announcing the names for real? It’s 8:30 already.
Okay, first four are:
1) Rapper L’il Kim;
2) reality tv star Steve-O (I think that’s the right spelling);
3) NFL star Lawrence Taylor;
4) Nancy O’Dell (missed who she is);
they said the next four will be announced during Desperate Housewives, coming up next. So, making a cupcake run.
Okay, got cupcakes. Did anything happen?
Well, they just said they’re dropping all names in less than 30 minutes, but I’m tired of waiting. Awesome Katrina just posted the list down in the comments! Thanks Katrina, you rock!
So, going by this list that Katrina linked to:
5) Belinda Carlisle, formerly of the Go-Gos. Oh cool, I haven’t seen her in forever. And I used to love them. They were the first group I ever saw on MTV (back when it was first created :S) — ah memories
6) David Alan Grier. I think I remember him from In Living Color. I can’t remember exactly which one he was though without looking him up, which I’ll do in a minute. I used to like that show though, so this is a good one by me.
7) Jewel, the pop star. Hmmm, I like her.
8) Shawn Johnson, the youngest ever contestant on the show, at 17, and Olympic gold medalist in women’s gymnastics on the balance beam. Ridiculously, I’m not even sure I remember her.It was the Bejing Olympics! What’s wrong with me?
9) Gilles Marini, from Sex and the City. I never watched the series, but Katrina says he’s a hottie!
10) Ty Murray, a rodeo star. Hmmm, a shit kicker? Interesting.
11) Denise Richards, the movie star.
12) Chuck Wicks, singer and song-writer. Don’t know him. He’s dating Julianne Hough, Katrina?
13) Steve Wozniak, a “Silicon Alley icon and philanthropist” who designed for Apple, according to the Reality TV website.
I’ll edit the post again if there are any changes in the announcements. Otherwise, I guess it’s overall an okay cast. I like a few of them anyway. Several I don’t know. Without seeing anything so far, I predict Wozniak is first to get booted. An entrepreneur, intellectual type? Maybe he’ll defy stereotypes, who knows…